TAKE A LOOK AT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY WE HAVE BEEN DOING AT SCHOOL!
Physical Education develops the children’s knowledge, skills and understanding, so that they can perform with increasing competence and confidence in a range of physical activities. These include dance, games, gymnastics, swimming and water safety, athletics and outdoor adventure activities.
Our PE curriculum will be underpinned by the drivers of possibility, initiative and heritage.
e.g. By learning about athletes lives’ children will be inspired to compete at a higher level. They will also be driven to strive towards more active lifestyles.
e.g. Develop the skills to work tactically and ability to adapt to suit a variety of games.
e.g. Asking the children to take part in traditional dances.
Physical Education at Bickershaw promotes an understanding in children of their bodies in action. It involves thinking, selecting and applying skills and promotes positive attitudes towards a healthy lifestyle. This should enable them to make informed choices about physical activity throughout their lives.
The aims of PE are:
- to enable children to develop and explore physical skills with increasing control and co-ordination;
- to develop the children’s cooperation and communication skills by encouraging them to work and play with others in a range of group situations;
- to develop the way children perform skills and apply rules and conventions for different activities;
- to increase children’s ability to use what they have learnt to improve the quality and control of their performance;
- to teach children to recognise and describe how their bodies feel during exercise;
- to develop the children’s enjoyment of physical activity through creativity and imagination;
- to develop an understanding in children of how to succeed in a range of physical activities and how to evaluate their own success.