At Bickershaw Church of England Primary School, Christian values underpin the whole life of our school. Children, staff, governors and parents work together in a caring, loving Christian community; where all children are valued, appreciated, respected, and given a firm foundation for life. We seek to create a Christian environment that is open, stimulating, safe and caring, where we provide the highest quality of teaching and learning. We value individual achievement, good relationships, inclusion, spirituality and enjoyment; and encourage attitudes of self-respect, responsibility and tolerance.
We aim to:
- encourage both staff and parents to support the children in our pursuit of high standards in education within a happy and supportive environment.
- inspire both academic achievement and personal development, by offering all our children access to a wide range of opportunities that challenge them to reach their potential, whilst promoting a sense of self - worth.
- provide a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum, appropriate for all children, regardless of ability or need
- encourage an understanding of all faiths and cultures within our caring Christian community
- foster a culture of good behaviour and manners
- encourage kindness, co-operation, tolerance and respect for others
- develop perseverance, confidence, self –motivation and independence
- recognise and celebrate success in small as well large achievements
- involve the wider community in the life of the school: parents, governors, Friends of the School, parishioners, local people, neighbouring schools and churches