‘Bickershaw School is a community hub and a beacon of Christian love and witness in a small village setting …. school, home and church are brought together in harmony.’ SIAMS Keeping on Track visit 2016
On behalf of the children, staff, and governors, I welcome you to our warm, caring and inclusive church school. I hope that our website will give you an interesting and valuable insight into the life of our school and a taste of what we offer.
Our vibrant Christian ethos has a positive impact on children’s progress, achievement and spiritual development. It is based upon seven Core Christian Values, which are at the heart of all that we do. We have a strong sense of community with a family atmosphere, maintaining excellent links with our parents/carers, parishioners, our local community and the Diocese of Liverpool.
Ours is a school where all children engage - there are no invisible children here! We aim to ensure that every child feels safe, secure and confident, with a strong sense of self-worth. We are dedicated to the provision of a nurturing environment where children learn and grow to be the best they can.
We actively encourage both staff and parents to support the children in our pursuit of high standards in education, within a happy and supportive environment. We provide a rich and varied curriculum, which is motivating and challenging, yet appropriate for all children, regardless of ability or need. We encourage an understanding of all faiths and cultures by
We are very proud of our school and the achievements of the children. Through this
Please feel free to contact me if you would like any further information, and you are more than welcome to arrange to visit our school and experience for yourselves our warm and friendly atmosphere.
'The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Bickershaw as a Church of England school are outstanding' SIAMS Report October 2017
Latest Parent Calendar, Staff Calendar Events
- Non-Uniform Day09Dec2022
Christmas Jumper Day
- Carols by Candlelight Service11Dec2022
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm @ Church
- Christingle Service14Dec2022
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm @ Church
- Outdoor Carol Service15Dec2022
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
Keeping Children Safe Online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers
Tel: 01942 866317
If you have any queries please contact Mrs Gawthorpe in the school office on the above number.